Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

02 December, 2006

Film Review: CINTA

Actually I'm not much of a Malay movie cinema goer, but I make an exception for this movie, CINTA. My colleagues invite me to join them to catch the movie on its opening day, 30th November to get our minds of from our hectic n busy work. So I obeyed. The reason is that I want to see whether is it true that this movie follows a British movie called "Love Actually". To tell you the truth, I was quite sceptical to watch the movie CINTA. I presumed that it would be a typical malay movie that would copycat the storyline of the 'Love Actually' movie. But, I thought wrong! The movie was original. The only similarity between these 2 movies is that both evolves around love and both have outstanding actors and actresses in their movies.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The movie CINTA is about 5 different stories. About 2 old couples played by Dato Rahim Razali and Fatimah Abu Bakar. What I like best about this story is about the love of a grandson to his grandfather. The best quote from this movie is the one made by Dato Rahim Razali when he said " isteri bukanlah hak milik, tapi anugerah". Sweet. I think people should paste this on their refrigerator or somewhere just to remind their husbands hehe ;). Second story is about two adults played by Eizlan and Fasha Sandha. OKlah adults bercinta. Third, was the story about a sister and her younger brother. Kasih sayang seorang kakak kepada seorang adik. Fourth, is about husband and wife who's going on their separate ways. In this story, I like the bit between the father and his daughter. Sedihhh sangat. Fifth story is about teenagers in love, Amani and Pierre Andre.

My favourites are about the grandad and his grandson, sister and brother and the father and daughther. The only comment I have about this movie is its title. Its called 'CINTA' but actually, the best word suits the movie is 'LOVE' because the love between father and daughter, brother and sister, friends, these are not called CINTA but kasih sayang. Other than that, I recommend everybody to catch this movie. Sweet lah cerita nie. Another favourite quote from this movie is the one said by Fatimah Abu Bakar when she said something like ' it is better to live with someone you love for a day, than to live when someone you don't for the rest of your life'. So true.

So, go and watch this movie, bring your husbands and wives, your kids, parents, friends, brothers and sisters whoever. I'm actually not the romantic type of person, instead I'm the total opposite. I would cringe if I hear another 'I Swear' song and I just can't stand to hear that stupid Titanic song. So, If I say this movie is sweet, you better believe it! (plus, I'm not being paid to write this review ;))

1 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2006 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yup, sweet movie. Lain la sket dari citer melayu yg selalu tayang kat wayang. Honestly, takut gak citer Cinta ni mcm one of the prof madya nyer citer. Nak gelak pun tak sampai hati. So Cinta for me lain dari yg lain... I mean ikut citer melayu la. Tapi sayang gak citer Cinta tak tunjuk the best scenery of M'sia. Not that i denying yg ader lagi flats yg buang sampah dari atas ke bawah, tapi kalau ader org bukan malaysia tgk cam tak best la. KLCC nyer cun, tapi still mentality org kita kat bawah gak tak se-gah KLCC and other man-made marvel yg kita dok buat.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home