Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

07 April, 2006

My Story

It's been ages since I last wrote in this blog. Being admitted into hospital and undergone operation has been a whole new experience to me I tell you. Firstly, I would like to thank my family, friends, relatives who came and visited me at the hospital, thank you for your wishes, SMSes, calls and prayers. Syukur Alhamdulillah everything went well.

Because I have been telling the same story again n again, might as well I write it here, senang if people ask.. I can say.. please refer to this URL hehehe. It all started about almost 3 weeks ago. It was a normal day, went to work, came back from work, lepak at home and suddenly, I felt an excruciating pain in my stomach. The pain was so bad, that I can't even stand on my two feet. The pain was not on the left and not on the right. So, I thought gastric and apendics is out of the question. Nevertheless, I learnt a new and great lesson. One of the way to know you might be having apendics is to try and lift your feet to your chest. If you can't, then there is a BIG possibility you have apendicitis. And that was what happened to me, I couldn't even lift my feet.

So, that night I was rushed to the emergency ward. It was my first time being admitted to a hospital. So, my journey of first time started:
  • First time, kena masuk drip. The first time they inserted that needle on the back of my hand I didn't even look at it. My previous experiences ( of looking at other people) watching the nurses trying to search that vein, is scarry enough for me and the thought of the blood trickling. No wonder I didn't become a doctor ( penakut with needles). But, to much amazed, both of the times they inserted the drips on both of my hands, it went well. Sekali try jek, masuk terus. Fuuuhh!! lega.
  • First time warded. Usually, I will be the patron or the person accompanying the patient yang masuk ward. But, this is my ever first time masuk ward. Pakai baju hijau spital. Heheh nasib baik takde nombor kat baju tuh, if not I think kalo lari, orang musti ingat jail escapee mana hehe.
  • First time kena tolak dengan wheelchair. Everwhere I go, naik wheelchair. Check up at another ward, naik wheelchair, pergi x-ray, naik wheelchair, pergi toilet, naik wheelchair(yep, it was that bad, the first few days, still couldn't walk because of the pain and head dizzy).
  • First time masuk operation theater. Nie memanglah ingat sampai biler2. The moment the nurses told me to prepare for operation dah rasa suspen. Kahal, I prepared myself almost one whole day for the operation. Takut gak lah kan.. first time. So, when they wheeled me to the operation theather, non-stop my mouth kumat kamit baca all the doa' and ayat that I know of. When I entered the room, the first thing I realized was the lights. Sejibik rupanya macam dalam TV. That big round lights that you see on top of the OT. Camtuh rupanya rasa. When the doctor bius-ed me told me to read 'bismillah' and told me that they are gonna start, teruslah I mengucap. Manalah tahu kan, ajal maut di tangan tuhan. Tengah2 prepare tuh tetiba nampak ada radio dalam OT tuh and siap mainkan my favourite song. 'Tak Bisakah-by Peterpan'. Terus eh.. lagu favourite.. then terdengar the doctor said something to the nurses like " eh, tak pengsan-pengsan lagik' hehe sorry doctor.. khusyuk dengar lagu plak.. then terus lah terdozed of terus. ( I think the doctor terus increasekan dosagelah kot hehe)
  • The first thing I asked when I woke up was " Dah habis ke?". Yelah, manalah tahu bukak2 mata tup2 doctor tengak operate lagik, pengsang terus kalo cam tuh. Alhamdulillah the doctor said dah complete and it went well.

Tapi, bukan nak cakap apalah, sakit betul kena operate nie. Nak gerak pun sakit giler. It took me about 2 days after the operation barulah discharge from the hospital. When I was in the hospital I learnt a few more things such as :

  • No wonder we hear stories people ended up marrying the nurses. Memang all the while I was hospitalized, memang baik2 betul nurses tuh. Comel2 plak tuh. Seriusly, their patience, memang I salute. I don't know if I have the same patience as they do. Maklumlah, nak layan kerenah pesakit, kejap nak itu, kejap nak ini. Memang respectlah. A very noble job.
  • Bosan betul duduk hospital nie yek. All day long, I have nothing to do. TV plak jauh, dok termenung je lah.
  • One more thing, my doctors who treated me while I was warded were great. Dengan diligentnya, baik hatinya. Thanks doctors.

Then, started the days of me recuperating at home. Nasib baiklah masa tuh Commenwealth Games, so I watched it ALL day long. Daripada Hockey, Swimming, Diving to Lawn Bowl pun I tengok. But still, I don't understand Lawn Bowl. How do they calculate each rounds who's the winner? Kira yg nearest to each other ke apa? ( felt like watching cricket for the 1st time, like huh? siapa kena kluar td?)

Alhamdulillah, I am much2 better now ( thank you for asking ;) ). Cuma jalan jeklah slow lagik macam tortoise. I don't know which one is slower, a 8 months heavily pregnant lady or me. Hmmm.. buleh buat experiment nie. tengok siapa jalan lagik laju ;)

Just some words to ponder to everybody, take good care of yourself. And one important thing that I learnt from this whole experience is that you will never know what hit you. One moment you are healthy, the next moment you are not. Same goes for life and death. We are only His humble servant. So, do the best you can Insya Allah.

9 Comments:

  • At April 07, 2006 2:03 PM , Blogger Izan said...

    alhamdullilah wan.. dah sihat dah cikgu kita ni...

     
  • At April 07, 2006 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I totally freak-out kalau doc nak cucuk jarum kat badan. Kalau dapat yg pakar sekali masuk ok la, ni yg 2-3 kali tak gak dapat vein tu yg risau. hehehe. Till today, certain shot i tak amik. :") Anyways, glad u dah sihat. Alhamdulillah.

     
  • At April 08, 2006 2:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry wan, baru dapat tau nak wish pon hang dah ok just wish you to take care yourself. Keja keja gak, kesihatan top priority no wonder la masa aku jumpa my supervisor lalu kat bilik hang asyik tak dak je.

     
  • At April 08, 2006 6:38 PM , Blogger sumpit said...

    great to hear tht you're back on your feet! PD, jom!

     
  • At April 10, 2006 10:39 AM , Blogger Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

    glad u r okay wan!
    aku pon dulu operate appendix jugak masa aku darjah 4..but time tuh aku excited lebih!! sonok plak tgk lampu bulat kat OT tuh! hehe

     
  • At April 10, 2006 3:01 PM , Blogger eddie said...

    kekeke I kenot lift my feet to my chest oso, too much stomach
    kekekekekekekeke

     
  • At April 11, 2006 1:29 PM , Blogger princessren said...

    wow wan detail nyer baguslah. the next time kalu terkene i akan tau. thx for the info. and am so glad that you're safe and sound. hope to see the very healthy you in PD next month. ;D

     
  • At April 12, 2006 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank u all for the wishes.. terharu wan (kesat2 mata). Yep Ann, dah kena nie baru tahu.. so just in case kalo sesiapa kena at least we know how to detect.

    Satu lagik nak pesan( cam org tua plak), kalo sakit jgn procrastinate n rasa cam ala sakit biasa kot, cause ada cases yg the appendics burst, so fatal.. so jaga2 yek.

    Yep, see you all in PD! :D

     
  • At April 12, 2006 1:08 PM , Blogger Abu S.H said...

    eddie..sama la kiter..

    wan - aku dah bape kali masuk spital. memang takde satu pun yang best except nurses..hehehe

    dah baik dah kot ni..kan..alhamdulillah..
    tapi aku rasa kalau lawam tortoise and pregnant lady, ko still menang wan. stu lankah dah 2.76 meter. mesti menang punye.aku yakin!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home