Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

01 July, 2005

Demam AF

Its Friday evening and I am sooo sleepy and tired. What do you expect on Friday evening rite? So.. instead of dozing off in front of my PC nasib baik ada blog nie hehe. Demam AF? What is that actually?

To tell you the truth I did not know what is AF inikan Demam AF until AF3. When all my friends were talking about who they liked, the latest update, the latest concert etc.. I would be the one who sits by the corner and dont understand a word they say. But now.. as Fida said the other day " wah.. dah bleh join dah yek conversation pasal AF" and I smiled. hehe cause dah paham dah.

So.. how did I get hooked on AF? Here's my journey from a non AF- fan to a AF-fan. It started out during AF1. I was studying at that time so.. I just read about AF from my friends emails. People sent email with the subject "AFUNDI". I will be like huh? Apa nie AFUNDI? A name? A person? Later on I knew about AF which is a reality TV about a bunch of people learn how to be a singer and people will vote who they like. So..I was thinking oohhh.. like Fame Academy lah nie. FYI, in UK the top favourite reality singing show is Pop Idol. Heard of Gareth Gates?.. yeah.. its equivalent to our Malaysian Idol, American Idol. So, people hooked on Pop Idol and not Fame Academy which I think is equivalent to our own Akademi Fantasia. So, I wasnt into it as i was thinking " nah... just another reality show".

Then, there was AF2. Again, dont know what is the hype all about. Takde Astro kan. Even my officemates kept talking bout AF2. Even more so during AFUNDI MASUK. My friends kept talking about voting Linda, Zarina etc for it. At that time there was already a couple of reality TV singing contest such as Malaysian Idol, Audition, Who Will Win and even the Bintang RTM has started using the SMS trend. Still havent seen the AF,so still in a puzzle why in the world that people is soo into AF.

Then, this year we got our own Astro. Yeayy!! So, we start watching AF3. The first Prelude concert I missed it cause we were in Bali. Came back and people were already contemplating on why Mawi was not in the final 12. In my mind I was like " Dasat giler.. blom start dah ada FC suma dah". Now.. I really want to see for myself napalah people suka sgt AF nie.

So... startlah the 1st concert of AF3. Watched it from around 9 p.m till the end around 1 a.m This was when Mawi and Marsha was absorbed into AF3. So, I was like.. "pasal nie ke org suka AF? Sebab ada gimic2 camnie?" (still hasn't get it yet at this time).

As you can see, still tak demam AF lagi. So.. my family started watching the concert on Saturdays. Then, we started watching the Diari, not every nite at first. Just like Wednesday, then Thursday.. then slowly start watching every nite. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Now... it gets more interesting. NOW, ONLY I realize why people are hook on AF3. You can see the transition that this kids make. Monday: dapat lagu.. see their faces in getting the songs they gonna sing.
Tuesday : practice.. hafal lagu...
Wednesday : practice. menari etc.
Thursday: rehearsal lagi
Friday: rehearse in front of the teachers

One thing I like about AF is that if compared to the original Fame Academy reality show is that, the teachers really pun in their effort to teach this kids. And to see their attitudes, dgn yg klakarnya ( specially those 2 best buddies Mawi n Felix) is just hillarous.

And the great concert on Saturday is just awesome. So.. if you ask me the question " Demam AF dah?" I can fully comprehend the question and I can answer you " Yes" ;)

Oh yes, you guys should see my Mom and Dad. Sharp 11.30 at nite, took the remote and automatically ; " Astro Ria cepat, dah start dah nie." demam dah....

2 Comments:

  • At July 04, 2005 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahahah... i je yg tak demam lg. i tak tgk pun diary AF. i tgk concert, itu pun sbb biler org citer i tau apa depa talked about pasal the concert :")

     
  • At July 04, 2005 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    habih la hang elly, nanti org sembang tak paham apa yg dimaksudkan dengan AF tu hehhehe. Tapi dah tengok concert tu dah kira masuk line AF la tu hehe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home