Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

24 December, 2005

People's Perception

When you go out shopping or window shopping do you get this stare or ignorance by the salesperson if you go to 'big' and 'expensive' shops? Well, I do. It happened to me a couple of times when I went into those shops. Especially when you are at KLCC. There are times when you just would like to survey the prices to buy a gift that you need months of savings. I would get a stare or total ignorance from the salesperson as though looking at me like " sesat agaknya minah nie". Maybe, its the way I dress kot, with faded jeans, faded t-shirt(since student years punya baju kan) and sandals. But, once a lady comes in with fake sunglasses and fake bags bought from Petaling Street, macam Gucci bag but written there Cucci ehhe. The salesperson would come in a second and asking the lady what do they have in mind/ interested to buy. "Halo, am I invisible or something?"
Maybe, it's the way that our people think. If you are smartly dress and wear designer clothes, you have money. If you wear t-shirt 10 ringgit and slippers you have no money at all. We should change people's perception. People must think: People who doesn't wear designer clothes has MORE money, because we don't spend our money on unnecessary things. Whilst, people with designer clothes dont have much, as they spent it all already hehehe.
It's like if you go to Priority Banking, you'll see uncles with short pants, pagoda t-shirt with slippers coming in and out of the bank. Kaya tuh, pakai biasa jek. I think I'm gonna wear a t-shirt each time I go to these kind of shops written there " I wear crappy clothes to buy your crappy stuffs" ;)

3 Comments:

  • At December 24, 2005 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are not alone, I have the same stare too, much worst somebody thought I was the person who works there. Several times, bosan betui siap tanya "what the price of this carrot and so on" I have to say "sorry I'm not working here ask somebody else" with my eyes sharp staring at that person.

    Kalau bab nak test perfume ni lagik la selalu jadik mangsa, me with my student kinda face selalu kena avoid hello setakat perfume tu I can buy 10 you know hahahhaha. So moral of the story next time kalau nak pi klcc or any expensive shopping mall pakai ala ala stylo sket baru dia layan hahahhaha.

     
  • At December 28, 2005 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahahaha... I sampai skrg tak de sapa offer credit card kalau depa dok promote credit card kat shopping mall. And salesperson kat sana selalu treated me as second class. Lebih sakit hati, biler kita rasa the kain, or pegang the handbags, after that terus depa susun n lap the things kita pegang. Like, 'halo, i don't have a lot of germs and bacteria, n tak yah la nak tunjuk efficient sangat buat keje'

     
  • At December 28, 2005 11:17 AM , Blogger Ahmad Javanese said...

    Kadang2 aku pelik gak

    Kerja salesgirl aje...
    tapi buat conclusion lelebih

    hehehehehe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home