Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

11 November, 2005

Raya Sakan

Assalammualaikum suma.. how was everybody's raya celebration? Hope it was great. Today is my 3rd day of working after a long holiday. Raya sakan kan hehe. Yesterday was the first time in my life invigilating exam. Lama pulak tuh.. 3 hours.. it was the longest 3 hours in my life (exaggerate sket). All my life I always been the student who took the exam and wouldn't care what the inivigilators were doing. So, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. At first I thought, " ok gonna read a book to kill those 3 hours" but they said it is forbidden for us to read while invigilating. So, OK lah.. yesterday, start jek the exam I sat at the back tengoklah kepala students tuh. Then, I was informed I need to walk around to check the students. Kena check ke? malas betul.. they said.. yep, have to in case the students bring 'toyol'. Teruslah bangun.. mana tahu budak2 nie bawak toyol ke kan. Teringat zaman student dulu.. memacam style toyol ada. After 1 hour of invigilating.. rasa restless dah... "oh no.. another 2 hours to go?? giler bosan.." after much waiting... n waiting n.. waiting n smsing to kill the time.. the head inivigilator announced.. "30 minutes left and sesiapa nak kluar buleh kluar sekarang cause after this kena tunggu sampai habis masa". A number of students went out.. in my heart I was hoping that EVERYBODY will get out.. yelah tak larat dah nie nak tunggu another 30 minutes. But, apakan daya.. sah2lah ada yang stay jugak. Dulu, I was like that as well tak pernah kluar awal.. tunggu gak untill the last second.. manalah tahu dapat ilham ke inspirasi last minute. When the head announced.. "time's up!". I was the first person who jumped out of my chair.. my 3 hours of torture dah habis woohoo!! 1 down 5 more exam invigilation to go.. *sigh*

Raya shows
As always during raya there will be raya adverts. My dad's favourite is the TM advert. The advert shows Deepavali celebration where there's a chinese couple who sings deepavali songs. A mat salleh getting ready to eat and a chinese lady asks him to wait. Once, the Indian host received an SMS announcing ' masa berbuka' then everybody starts to eat. But, its true. Even when you go to restaurants or hotel during ramadhan.. U will see Chinese and Indians will wait until it is time to 'berbuka', THEN only they will eat. Baguskan.. respecting other people's religion. Lastly, it shows during Hari Raya.. and the mat salleh baru tahu.. "oh now can eat.."

One of my favourite raya advert is the one with "Raju a.k.a Roger " and Suparjo a.k.a Joe". The one where the boy sang "Ikan di laut, asam di darat, dalam periuk bikin muafakat". I've never heard this song until last year when they 1st showed it on TV. My brother and sister told me it was an old song. My mom said the lyrics of the song lain dulu " Ikan di laut, asam di darat, dalam periuk bertemu jua". Its a song about jodoh. Yelah ikan kat laut, asam di darat bertemu jua.. kalo jodoh tu bertemu jugak. Ingat tu yek kekawan ;)

Iklan EON pun best hehe (paham2lah ye sbb ada Mawi) Furthermore, lagu tu dprd kecik kan.. sah2le hafal " Hari Raya, hari yang mulia, penuh bererti kepada kita.. * pastuh sambung sendirik ye *". My favourite as always Petronas punya. Usually, Petronas punya heart wrenching except last year yang Indian guy and Malay guy balik kampung and ended stating " takkan suma iklan petronas sedih". This year it shows about a girl who grew up with her father; a single parent. Her father raised her by giving her rewards for every achievement she had done. She got an A- , her father gave her a pen. She performed in her school act, she received a musical box of a ballerina. She joined sports, she received a sport shoe. Then, one day she went to buy Air Kelapa for berbuka with her dad and she saw a boy who was bathing his father who is blind. It changed her perception about life. Sweet, and heart warming advert. Suka betul iklan nie. Tips carik calon yang buleh ajar nilai-nilai murni :)

During raya, there were a lot of raya shows and one of it was Anuar Zain.. Aidilfitri di Perantauan. This shows really brings back memories. The show showed Anuar Zain celebrate raya at Manchester and Liverpool. It even showed the shop yang I always went to buy chicken, fruits and vege.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sama tak macam Anuar Zain hehe

I have always wanted to study abroad since I was small. Tak tahu kenapa, but maybe it was due to watching TV shows and listening to people's stories about living abroad makes me interested. The dream became stronger when my sister went abroad. During those days, e-mails ke blogs ke tak reti and unheard of. So, my sis would send a THICK letter every month telling us about her life there and sometimes she will send pictures of her from oversea. Sronok tengok. So, after I finished school I enrolled myself to PPP under the American Degree Programme. Cita2 nak pergi oversea kan, but the dream tak jadi because gawat. Memang frust giler lah kan. But, suma bende ada hikmahnya, and I do believe in that. Because, if it was different, there wouldn't be any 'serangkai' in the first place and you guys wouldn't be reading this betul tak? Setiap perkara yang berlaku tu ada hikmahnya.. and I'm grateful of that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The dream to study overseas akhirnya tercapai jugak. Alhamdulillah, dapatlah study kat Manchester. As it showed in the TV program yang Anuar Zain tu, memang camtuhlah celebration dia and the people there are very, very friendly. Bayangkan, let say you were walking in town, then you see a face cam malaysian. Just one word you need to ask " Malaysia?" and when the answer is "yes", by the end of the day, you would be lifetime friends and you would be invited to his/her home and you would know the person's family and neighbours even.

Ironic isn't it that people have to travel so far.. miles and miles away to meet a stranger and by the end of the day you would be lifetime friends and be just like one of the family. At this time, when people are selfish nowadays and unfriendly (senyum pun susah).
Hope we could instil the good things to our kids too -without the need to travel miles away to do such thing. "Nilai nilai murni" right here in our own country..... SELAMAT HARI RAYA :)

2 Comments:

  • At November 14, 2005 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I did watched Anuar Zain Diperantauan. Tapi mcm sedih sket la tgk those architects build nice and great building kat negara org. Napa tak balik n berbakti 4 negara sendiri? I bet most of them are scholars, tak nak berbakti di negara sendiri ke? yup, i tau nak experience kat sana, ye la rezeki kat sana lebih sket dr negara sendiri kan. tak pe la. at least leh tumpang bangga tgk buildings kat sana, ader gak malaysian yg buat. mcm kalau org indon dtg negara kita la kan :P

     
  • At November 14, 2005 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Itu I agree ngan u Ly. Kat sana ramai giler doctors and architects yang tak balik M'sia. Yelah for them gaji besarkan.. tp tulah I masa kat situ ada gak sound2 tak nak balik ke? hehe..

    p/s: C u n Fida 2morrow.. hehe WORLD!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home