Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

01 March, 2007

I am only an Anchovy

Recently, I was reminded where I stand in this organization and who I am in this world. I am only an anchovy or cakap melayunya.. " aku hanyalah ikan bilis". To make it more dramatic or more PRECISE "aku hanyalah ikan bilis di LAUTAN". Yes, that is how small I am in this world.

I was reminded about it just recently. Everyday I 've been a humble employee doing my job day in day out. What ever my superior ask me to do, I have to do it because it is my duty. But, sometimes.. it is just too much. When you are being pushed too much, you can only take up to a certain extent. Hey! I am only human, I have feelings too, if you push me too much, i might just go overboard. When I was at that stage of going 'overboard' I was reminded of who I am actually. Yep, non other than an ANCHOVY! Jeritlah sekuat hati, marahlah sekuat hati, do whatever I want, but who am to say such things? ikan bilis maaa.

Sad but true, but that is the reality. I am now being reminded about it everyday. I think the organzation should have just put up a big poster up on a wall with the words saying " REMEMBER, U R ONLY AN ANCHOVY". That would be a good mental torture don't you think.

Furthermore, when I was driving back home from office, AGAIN I am being reminded of how small I am. The BIG cars 'bullying' drivers like me with their big money etc. So here I am, realizing of who i am... only an anchovy.

3 Comments:

  • At March 01, 2007 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hehehe... I am an anchovy too. Everyday kena marah ngan customer. Wait till i grow up n be a whale... whale tak ganas sangat, white water shark. Bite all those annoying makhluk till pieces. Ngap sekali jek. Ngap ngap...

    For the time being, kena sabar je la. Ada hikmah tu. Supaya kita jadi org yg lebih bersabar instead of tunjuk our darah pahlawan ;)

     
  • At March 02, 2007 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well...adding to the 'anchoviness' list...I too have been facing the same problem...all day long for the past how many years eh?..paling teruk for the past 2++ years..just about the time I got myself married and subsequently kena tendang to another department...what a big blow i had..selain ikan bilis, Im also a real round bola..people cud force you to do as they please....sapela kite nak lawan..bile lawan, asyik kalah aje, eventho the truth mmg on our side...we can never win ...Agaknye this is normal in the korporat (or shud I say keparat) world...

    but sebab nak carik makan, jadilah ikan bilis selama2nye...(no sign of jadik ikan kembong pun..hahahha)

     
  • At March 02, 2007 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The life of an ikan bilis.. *sigh*

    Tulahkan Aneh, nak jd ikan kembong pun cam takde hope jek inikan nak jd ikan shark bak kata elly.

    Macam bola pun ye jugak kan.. kena tendang sana sini.(another sigh)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home