Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

11 October, 2005

A Whole New World

Selamat berpuasa semua.. semoga sesama kiter menjalankan ibadah posa di bulan Ramadhan yang mulia ini dan semoga semua amalan kiter diterima Allah. Amin..

As some of you already know and to answer Farah's question I have started a new job. Totally different environment. All this while I've been working in private sectors and now I am in the government sector. Jadi lecturer sekarang huhuh ( kalo u all tak percaya eden lagik tak percaya). My first day was totally different than what I have gone through for the past 3 jobs I've done. Usually, your first day will be: 1- meeting your new boss, 2- they will show you where your cubicle is, 3- they will give you some kind of manual to read for the job.

But, for my 1st day in the gov sector it went like this: 1-lapor diri 2-introduce yourself to your new boss 3- pepandai sendirik. That was it. No cubicle, no materials to read, you are left on your own and pepandai kaulah. I was shocked because, totally different!. Furthermore, gajik tak dapat (sedihnyaaaaa). Biasalah gomen it will take ages for them to process your payslip etc. My sis took her 3 months to get her 1st paycheck. Tak rayalah eden namanya huhuhu sadis sadis. Siapa nak bawak anak ke rumah eden raya nie.. bawaklah tapi siang2 yek nak cakap makcik tak kasik duit raya, takde gajik beb. Only today that I was able to get my car sticker ( after kena saman 3 kali berturut2 sebab takde sticker keta..sabor jeklah). Got a room with other lecturers (read: ada meja n krusi but no computer yet yeah). Nasib baiklah ada lecturer yang baik hati kasik tumpang bilik (Sha if you are reading this, TQ yek kasik n still kasik tumpang bilik.. terima kasih bebanyak).

Satu lagik, the place that I am working right now is my alma mater. So terjumpa jek my previous lecturers the conversation will be like "Emmm.. Puan... saya dulu student puan.. etc." and they will be like "oouhhh" and will call their friends and introduce me to them by saying " eh.. ni my student dulu.. dah jadi lecturer sekarang bla bla " and I will be standing there muka malu, tersipu2 and senyum kambing hehe. Who would have thought I will be working side by side with my previuos lecturers.. tak sangka tak sangka..

Tadi, I was informed that I will be one of the supervisors for final year students. Haru.. haru biru.Camne nak supervise budak pun tak tahu. Teringat dulu masa buat thesis nak jumpa supervisor pun suspen yelah asik buat last minute padan muka aku. Nie kalo students nie buat last minute abihlah.... no mercy muahhaha ( isk isk jahat2).

So, doakan for me for my new job and career change that I am making. What I am sooo worried about is how to teach the students. Yelah dulu nakal giler.. camne plak lah budak2 nie kang eden nak ajar... suspen suspen.. dibuatnya sepatah haram tak paham waduhh... huhu but that will come next semester. My first job will be invigilating final examinations. Habislah.. siapa nak tiru tuh... been there, done that, bought the t-shirt :p heheh janganlah nak tiru2, suma tactic dah tahu betul tak my serangkai frens heheh ;)

5 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2005 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    TQ lady bugs.. doakan yek.. huhuhu

     
  • At October 12, 2005 10:36 AM , Blogger eddie said...

    erm wan pekzah ker yg jadik lecturer nie? korang nie post tapi tak sign off nama, konpius aku... prepaid pun dah kena register dah tau! kot la.. aku pun tak sure..

     
  • At October 12, 2005 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha-ah Eddie, Wan jadi lecturer. Good luck ye Wan. I doakan ur students tak macam kita dedulu. Tapi i rasa kan bebudak skrg lagi teruk kot...muahahahahaha

     
  • At October 12, 2005 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Patut la aku jumpa pagi tadi masam je muka rupanya gaji tak masuk. Pasai sticker tu tak pa wan kalau 2 rengget aku bayaq on da spot. Hahhahaha.

     
  • At October 13, 2005 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yep Eddie, it's me jadik lecturer skrg huhuh. Diri sendiri pun tak percaya.

    Elly, diorang kata students zaman skrg lagik dasat drpd kiter.. compare us to them, kiter nie kira baik lagik (pujik dirik sendiri hehe)

    Sad.. smlm hang bz yek? Ingatkan nak kaco ko tp tak call pepe pun so tak jd nak kaco.Next time yek.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home