Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

20 September, 2005

NKOTB... who?

Last Saturday we (Fida, Wan n I) had a blast at Anugerah Era 2005. Eventhough, tgk dari jauh je, but we had a really good time. Thanks wan for the tickets. That day, I catched a ride with Fida. N we listened to our school days boyband… who else.. yup the NKOTB (New Kids On The Block) ..hehehe. Well to think of, it’s kinda funny, but hey they are cool at that time. They are the one naikkan boyband way before BSB and Nsync.

And today, I was chatting with Wan, Wan was asking a good song to say farewell, and suddenly the song ‘Please Don’t Go Girl’ popped up. And we started talking about NKOTB. Old sweet memories.

The five dudes, Danny Wood, Donnie Walhberg, Joey McIntyre, Jordan and Jon Knight (hey I remembered their names…big applause for myself).


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Standing: Jon and Jordan Seating: Danny, Donnie, Joey


First album dia tak kenal sangat, tapi biler lagu ‘Please Don’t Go Girl’ from the second album, it was a hit. Especially, Joey still a young stud. Rambut lurus lagi, with braces. Commmmeeeellll!!! That’s a great comment by NKOTB Joeynatic fan like 15 years ago. A few line to re-cap the song:


We've been together for a long time, baby
Do you have to leave?
Please don't go girl
I just can't live without you
Please don't go girl
So listen to me... (Don't go, girl)
Please don't go girl
You would ruin my whole world
Tell me you'll stay
Never ever go away
I love you (I love you)
I guess I always will
Girl, you're my best friend
Girl, you're my love within
I just want you to know
That I will always love you
Ooh, baby


Next we have The Right Stuff, video clip mcm dlm abandoned factory. They were dancing, boyband mana leh tak dance? Hehehe… To refresh ur memory, a few byte of the song:


The right stuff
The right stuff
First time was a great timeS
econd time was a blast
Third time I fell in love
Now I hope it lasts
I can see it in your walk
Tell ’em when you talk
See it in everything you do
Even in your thoughts
You got the right stuff, baby
Love the way you turn me on
You got the right stuff, baby
You’re the reason why I sing this song
All that I needed was you
Oh girl, you’re so right
Said all that I wanted was you
You made all my dreams come true
Chorus:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The right stuff
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The right stuff




Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From left to right: Joey, Jordan, Jon, Danny, Donnie


Then we have, Cover Girl (rasa mcm depa nyanyi utk ‘urs truly’, me ;), I’m ur cover girl…hehehe), Hangin’ Tough, I’ll Be Loving U Forever, Games, Step By Step (video clip kat tangga), etc. Start la other boyband naik like Boyzone, BSB, Nsync, Westlife, A1, 98 Degrees, etc. Then female version like Spice Girls, Atomic Kitten, etc. Tu la peneman masa zaman kita belajar. Teman masa study especially during exam time.

Now, our taste in music n songs pun dah berbeza. Dedulu NKOTB sekarang Mawi. Mellow down sket. Tak leh lompat2 sangat. No more boyband. N boyband ni lak ader yang buat onar, gi ngaku gay. Starts with Stephen of Boyzone then Mark of Westlife. As long as they’re happy, what to do. Quote by Mark, "I would like to say that I'm happy, and that I've found someone who is a real companion. It does get lonely being on the road with the band sometimes and I'm very happy now I'm in a relationship with someone who makes me laugh.”


If music is the food to the soul, let it play on……., Shakespeare rasanya, definitely bukan britney spears ;P

For your memory pleasure…hehehe. Imagine the video clips as u sing it. Jordan with his tight legging (ala-ala mcm pi aerobic..hehehe), dance sorang-sorang, n joey ngan gold dust nyer... Aahhh ... those days....

Tonight

Remember when we said, girl, please don't go,
and how I'd be loving you forever,
taught you 'bout hangin' tough as long as you got the right stuff,
didn't we, girls, ooh, didn't we, girls, aah?
Well, I guess, it's a brandnew day after all
every time we hear the curtain call,
see the girls with the curls in the hair,
the buttons and the pins and the loud fanfares.
Tonight, tonight.
Remember when we traveled round the world,
there were a lot of people and girls,
fan mail from everywhere showed us how you care,
didn't it, girls, ooh, didn't it, girls, aah?
Well, I guess...

Sounds good, hey fellas, let's do it, here we go.
La-la-la-la-la-la tonight, la-la-la-la-la-la tonight.
Tonight, tonight


Jooeeeyyyyyyy… Jorddddaaaaaaaannnn… I’m ur coverrrr giirrrrlllllll !!!! – Please shout as if u r a fanatic fan…hehehehe
Fida, cadar NKOTB ada lagi tak? hehehehe


Cartoon pun ada, hehehe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Quiz: Match NKOTB and their cartoon character..hehehe


P/s: any songs to share? Boyband?

11 Comments:

  • At September 20, 2005 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hehehhe tak sangka we still remember the words and vid clips tuh.. " no more games" pun i ingat lagik ala2 macho konon.. tp kan I cant remember Danny.. apa jd kat dia yek?

     
  • At September 20, 2005 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No idea whatever happened 2 him. Happily married with kids, i pressume...hehehe

     
  • At September 20, 2005 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heheh thanx for the pics Ly.. hehe cartoon pun ada tuh... tetiba teringat lagu "happy birthday" NKOTB.. happy birthday to u... this is ur day... hehe

     
  • At September 20, 2005 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wah wah meriahnya korang pegi anugerah era tu, nasib baik tak jadik peratik era lagik tu. heheheheh

     
  • At September 21, 2005 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sad, tak jd feratik.. tp jadi fAWItik hehehhe ;)

     
  • At September 21, 2005 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    4U2C.. Fiona

     
  • At September 23, 2005 3:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hahhaha NKOTB.. i thnk i still hv their badges (alah yg pin kat beg tuh, mcm name tag tapi muka diorang)... byk giler Farah ader.. buang duit sungguh.. hahhaa..
    stickers jgn cakap ler, siap ader files.. baru jer buang masa balik Kedah ari tuh.. tak sangka Farah takder kerja lain nak buat dulu2.. hahhaa
    O yer.. thn came GUYS NEXT DOOR... video clip ngan monyet! hahahhaa.. iyo2 jer org tunggu nak ngok muka girlpren dia..
    wat happend 2 them? dulu ikut gaks cite sitcom diorang tuh.. tup2 tamat..

     
  • At September 23, 2005 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ha-ah... guys next door. 'I've been waiting 4 u, all my life....', tgk2 monyet yg dtg. ntah la apa jadi ngan meka, tak de le dengar depa gay, so that's good news. hehehe... semlm baca paper, ader group baru 'IL DIVO'. boleh tahan rupa, tapi tak pernah dgr lagi, simon american idol nyer prodigee..

     
  • At September 23, 2005 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ada satu lagi group, FO3 sapa punya prodgee entahlah

     
  • At September 27, 2005 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    laaa u tak pernah dgr IL Divo tu ker Ly? hahhahaa ketinggalan la u.. sedap gaks diorang tuh.. style nyanyi ala2 soprano + alfredo + wateverfrado.. hehehe..

     
  • At September 27, 2005 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ha-ah, skrg ketinggalan la farah. Jarang dengar radio skrg ni... atau i dgr, tapi tak tau pun tu depa...hehehehe

    Eh F03 bukan prodigee cat ruffedge ke? hehehehe

    cantik, menarik, tertarik, kau memang da boom...hehehehe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home