Our Stories, Our Journey, Our Thoughts

26 December, 2005

Film Review: Rock

Went to watched Rock the movie yesterday with my brother. Rock wasn't listed in my list at first because I was planning to watch Baik Punya Cilok with the gals next week. But, my brother persuaded me to watch it with him plus he paid for it hehe.

Overall, the movie was interesting. Menariklah. It is a story about a group yang hampir famous. Memang hampirlah. It tells about the infamous Battle of the Bands in the 80s. At that time, I was still young and I only heard about Battle of the Bands from my brother. It was during those days that we heard of Man Kidal of the Lefthanded and Ella and the Boys.

The movie also showed there is the rock group and metal group. As girls we get to know about rock and metal usually through our brothers and friends. I still remember when I was in school, I came to know about a group called Halloween through my dormmate. We called her minah trasher as she would have the lyrics of The Keeper of 7 Keys ( tak silap, tak ingat sangat nama lagu tuh) at the back of her notepad. Dah jadi doktor dah my fren nie sekarang, cayalah. Her influence; her brother.

Another influence is by the guys. Kiter mana dengar sangatkan lagu2 ganaz ni hehe. There was one incident where my classmate ask me to listen to a song by the band called Sepultura. Mak datuk, sepatah haram tak paham, tak sakit tekak ke penyanyi tu yek. Just imagine the influence of it, sampaikan group name we all masa BTN pun Guns n Roses. Siap the guys perasan jadik Axl Rose pun ada hehe.

From the movie also I learnt the reason why the Len Seng bus and Foh Hup bus yang I usually took koyak rabak seat dia. Ropanya the rockers amik the PVC in order to make pants. Haha, as my brother said, "yang penting image" ;D

Interesting movie, buleh layanlah just to see how it was like in those era. Long hair, tight paints, sleeveless t-shirts. Till now masih terngiang-ngiang lagik the song from the movie, " keunggulan cinta, dari sinar mata.. BPR tuh!

My final say: Janji ROCKK!!!

5 Comments:

  • At December 27, 2005 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When I heard the storyline of the "Rock", the first thing that came into my mind was "I am old".

    This is because younger generations would laugh at what the older generations had done, while the older generations would smile and proud of their yesteryears. I guess now, the word is out why only the rockers would sit at the back of the bus irrespective of the conditions ... the chairs contributed a lot to those of us who are poor :)

    For the readers of this blog, I would also recommend that you watch "Baik punya cilok". The comedies are a welcome breather to our old Malay slapstick antics ... maybe because I am avid fan of Afdlin, but the show does have its great "Akustik Extravaganva" moments.

     
  • At December 27, 2005 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    huhuh Akustik Extravaganzaaa
    (sebut style 'Ah-ha'). Orait, next week yek people kiter tgk crita... cilok gua... gua cilok lu...baik punya cilok!

     
  • At December 28, 2005 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haahahhaa.. Those were the days, guys wear seluar ketat. Tu la masa nyer I tau Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Halloween, etc. Yup, big bros do influence u a lot.

    So girlfriends, call me up for Baik Punya Cilok cause i need to feel the 'Akustik Extravaganza'. Bagi release sket work pressure. Hehehehe...

     
  • At December 29, 2005 8:59 PM , Blogger K Fitt said...

    korang ada blog ghupenye

    tak kabor kat kawan2 pon

    sapa yg selalu update ni?

    p/s : sepultura power siyot...chaos a.d!! disorder unleashed!! warrgghhhh (bukan geng JIT eh)

     
  • At December 30, 2005 10:24 AM , Blogger K Fitt said...

    eh tapi aku pelik la...kat profile tu korang kata

    We are 5 girls who met up at PPP/UiTM...

    apsal 5? bukan 7 ke?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home